The CBSE Class 10 board exam is one of the most important exams in a student’s academic life. One of the first questions that students and their parents ask is how to prepare for the CBSE Class 10 board exam. They also wonder often about the best strategies to score the highest marks in the Class 10 board exams. The marks scored in the CBSE Class 10 board exam play an important role in securing a seat for higher education.
So, students look for different guides and strategies to ace the CBSE Class 10 board exams and score good marks. One of the first steps in preparing for the board exams is to cover the entire syllabus. In CBSE Class 10, students have 5 major subjects along with electives. Students need to focus more on the core subjects, Maths, Science, Social Studies, Hindi and English.
Students also need to start their board exam preparation early to be able to finish the syllabus on time. This ensures that they have ample time to revise often and solve question papers. Students should also understand the exam pattern before they appear for the exam. This boosts their confidence and helps them face the exams without fear. To help students prepare better, we’ve put together a list of subject-wise tips to get ready for the Class 10 board exams.
CBSE Class 10 Board Exam Subject-wise Preparation Tips
- Maths: Maths is one of the core subjects in CBSE Class 10. Students should put in extra effort to understand the core concepts and practise solving problems. Practise solving several problems and exercises as these calculations can be time-consuming and sometimes confusing too. Practising them often helps improve your accuracy and speed too. Derivations are another important part of Maths, which students should often practice to become more confident. Paying attention to common square root and cube root questions can also help you solve questions quickly.
- Science: Science is another major subject that Class 10 students have to prepare well for. Once you’ve covered the entire syllabus, solve sample papers like CBSE Class 10 science sample papers to revise. This also helps you assess your level of understanding and spot any gaps in your learning.
- Physics: In Physics, pay attention to derivations, formulae and theorems. Also, make sure you have a good grip on the fundamental concepts and practice solving problems.
- Chemistry: In Chemistry, make sure you practise writing chemical formulae and problems. Memorise the important concepts and definitions.
- Biology: Biology is very vast, and students need to work hard to remember the definitions and theoretical concepts. Diagrams are an important part of the CBSE Class 10 question paper and are great for scoring marks. Practise drawing diagrams and label them.
- Languages: English and Hindi are important subjects in the CBSE Class 10 board exams. Students should practise solving previous years’ question papers and sample papers like Hindi and CBSE English sample paper Class 10. This helps students understand the kinds of questions asked in the exam and learn about frequently asked questions in the exam. Solving these question papers also helps students learn to frame answers correctly.
- Social Science: Social Science is divided into History, Geography, Politics and Economics. Since this is mostly theory, students should practise writing answers and make a note of important dates and events. Maps are one of the most important topics and a high-scoring topic in the exams. Students should practice drawing and labelling maps accurately. You should also practise latitude and longitude-based questions. Revise the subjects often and make notes while you revise.
Along with these, students should practise solving previous years’ question papers and NCERT questions. Most of the questions asked in the CBSE question papers are from the NCERT books, so referring to these books is one of the best ways to prepare for the exams. In addition to all these, ensure that you look after your health. Eat well, exercise regularly and ensure that you get adequate sleep. A healthy mind and body will help you learn better and will improve your performance too. Following these tips while you prepare for the board exams will definitely help you ace the exams and score high marks. Good luck!